One Hour Glucose Test Instructions
Below are some important things to keep in mind before and after your scheduled glucose test.
- Coordinate your ride. You will need someone to drive you to your appointment.
- The night before your scheduled test, do not eat or drink anything (other than water) after midnight.
- An hour before your appointment, take the glucose drink. You have five minutes to finish the drink (for example, take the glucose drink at 8:00am and finish by 8:05am).
- Blood will be drawn an hour after the drink was finished (for example, finish the drink at 8:05am. Blood will be drawn at 9:05am).
- Notify the office staff of the time you finish your drink as soon as you arrive.
- Call our office at least one day prior to your appointment for any questions or concerns. Office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.
Download Glucose Test Instructions